Friday, August 9, 2013

Got out into the garden yesterday, prompted by the continued warm weather and the warnings of  a wetter and colder weekend. Plus got bored with the laundry exercise. Once outside I took a closer look at how things are starting to happen in the garden. I bought and planted a flowering cherry last month (Prunus Campanulata 'Felix Jury') in memory of my Mother, her birthday would have been the 1st July. I tend to do this for all those close to me and did the same in my last garden so within a few years it will grow to become a splendid tree.

Decided to cut the grass on a whim as in I wasn't planning to and that set me on a course of starting some maintenance. Fruit trees got pruned and limes were picked and a re-surfaced driveway planned. As I was washing the limes the sheer sunshine colour stood out and I recognised the day as being full of colour. The bright green grass sparkled in the sun with a clear blue sky as a backdrop; the new cherry showing a deep pink for all the bees and an almond tree is flowering in pale pink. Daffodils still going strong and whilst there is a lot of gardening work to do over the coming few years, it has to start somewhere..







No comments:

Post a Comment